Department of Psychology Diversity Recruitment Weekend

You are invited to apply to attend the University of Michiganís Department of Psychology Diversity Recruitment Weekend on October 19-21, 2017. The Diversity Recruitment Weekend provides promising ethnic minority undergraduate students from around the country with information about graduate school in psychology. The Diversity Recruitment Weekend consists of a series of workshops, panel discussions, and individual meetings specifically designed to prepare students for the graduate admissions process in psychology as well as introduce students to the graduate psychology programs at the University of Michigan. The Recruitment Weekend will include sessions on writing a successful statement for graduate school, faculty perspectives on doctoral study, and what constitutes a strong application. Students will also have an opportunity to meet individually with faculty and graduate students at the University of Michigan who share similar research interests. Finally, students will receive an intensive overview of all of the graduate programs in psychology offered at the University of Michigan.

As our invitee, the weekend is absolutely FREE to you. The Psychology Department will cover the cost of accepted students' travel to and from Ann Arbor as well as hotel accommodations and meals during the Recruitment Weekend. If you are interested, please complete the application form by the deadline of Wednesday, September 6, 2017. All applicants will be notified by email as to whether their applications were accepted. At that time we will begin making travel arrangements for those students whose applications are accepted. Space is limited, so please complete the registration form as soon as possible. Accepted students must be present for all activities.

Timeline:

09/06/17     Online application due
10/02/17     Confirmation of attendance due
10/19/17     Participants arrive in Ann Arbor
10/20/17     All day workshops and meetings
10/21/17     Morning workshops; Depart to airport around 1:00 pm

FAQ:

Q: Are non-US citizens eligible for the Psychology Diversity Recruitment Weekend?
A: Yes, we accept applications from international students and non-US citizens.

Q: Are undocumented students and DACAmented students eligible for the Psychology Diversity Recruitment Weekend?
A: Yes, we accept applications from undocumented students and DACAmented students. Please click here for more information.

Q: I have completed my undergraduate degree but I am not currently enrolled in a graduate program. Am I eligible for the Psychology Diversity Recruitment Weekend?
A: Yes, we accept applications from students who have not already successfully applied to a graduate program (master's or doctorate).

Q: I have completed, been accepted to, or am currently enrolled in a graduate program. Am I eligible for the Psychology Diversity Recruitment Weekend?
A: This event is designed to benefit students who are new to the graduate application process, and thus students who have already successfully applied to a graduate program (master's, doctorate, or professional graduate degree) are not eligible.

Q: I am currently attending a non-US college or university, or I live outside of the US. Am I eligible for the Psychology Diversity Recruitment Weekend?
A: We do accept applications from students who are not living in the US. However, travel reimbursement (i.e., airfare) for students to attend this event is capped at $500.00 USD, and the student would be responsible for any cost above that amount to attend this event.
diversitypsychology@umich.edu | Department of Psychology

Copyright © 2017 The Regents of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 USA 734-764-1817